Digitization at redIT
Digitization is one of the topics that is written and discussed a lot, as it affects everyone and changes the business world and society in a sustainable way. Unfortunately, it is also an open topic, which is well understood in theory, but implementation has proven to be very difficult. Only a few companies can claim that they have Digitization “under control” and have created real added value for customers and their own company.
Over the last three years, we have made various attempts to advance digitization at refit. And manage. The challenges were always the same: How can we make digitization more “tangible” and break it down in such a way that we don’t spend too long on visionary discussions on the one hand and don’t get bogged down in implementation on the other? Two decisions helped us to”sharpen” our digitization strategy and accelerate its implementation:
- We have defined our primary goal as “offeringour customers better service so that they are more successful” and have placed this at the centre of our digitization strategy.
- As a planning and implementation framework, we have taken the model of the University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland (FHNW) with the 7 fields of action for digitization.
“The customer at the centre” sounds very banal and is also nothing new. But If you do this consistently, it helps you to focus on the right digitization projects and, above all, to further develop the company culture. With this newfound “anchor” and the consistent application of the 7 fields of action enabled usto better visualise and, more importantly, communicate our digitization strategy. The chart summarises our approach to digitization and is our framework for all digitization discussions.
As a first step, we have carried out a digitalmaturity analysisin the 7 fields of action in the management. Carried out. This was very insightful as the unit managers had different views on the individual fields of action and assessed the degree of maturity very differently. This Analysis was enormously important, as we ended up with a very good, commen had an understanding of the state of digitization, the objectives and the gaps in implementation. On April 2020, we created a project and implementation plan. We opted for an “agile” implementation according to the motto: “As much planning as necessary and as many results as possible”. The last few months have shown that this approach was the right one, as we have reached all the important digitization milestones.
The following is an overviewof the results:
- “Three become one redIT”: Successfulmerger of the 3 companies Beelk Services AG, Kinetic AG and redIT Services AG to form redIT. This puts us in a position to offer our customers a holistic and aligned digitization and cloud offering [Field of activity: Leadership& Culture]
- Creating and managing a ‘Modern Workplace’ is in our DNA and we are continually working to harness the power of new communication and collaboration tools to improve staff productivity and customer service. The focus in recent months has been primarily on staff training and “Sharing good practice among staff [Field of activity: Leadership& Culture]
- Launch of the newredit. Each website as a central information and communication system with interactive elements for customer interaction such as online appointment booking or chat [Field of activity: digital marketing]
- Introduction of new cloud-based management information system based on Microsoft Power BI for the real-time analysis of business data in order to achieve faster and better results. To decide. With the new reporting-system, we can also much more easily link customer information with business transactions to offer new customer services. [Field of activity: Cloud & Data]
- Implementation of the edit CRM system based on Microsoft Dynamics 365. The edit CRM is – as is becoming more and more apparent – has become the centrepiece and critical success factor of our digital strategy. We can only achieve our overridinginternal and external objectives if we have a 360-degree customer view and offer our customers new opportunities for interaction. [Field of activity: customer orientation]
- Implementation of an automated accounts payable workflow over the entire life cycle from scanning, processing, release to legally compliant filing. Furthermore, we have digitally mapped various tasks in human resources such as employee interviews and supported them with workflows [Field of activity: Process Engineering]
- Based on our experience with the introduction and use of internal solutions such as the new management information system, the CRM system or the workflow solutions, we have developed new solution and service packages for our customers. With these packages give we share our knowledge and “Good-practices” to our customers during the introduction and the Digitization projects can thus succeed faster implemented become [Field of activity: New technologies, Digital Business Development]
Digitization is not a project, but a “journey” and an attitude. Even if we are doing very well and have a number of One important decision was to move to a 90-day planning and implementation cycle. This has proved very successful and gives us the necessary agility and flexibility and allows us to measure progress in a timely manner.
As written in the last point of the results list, we would like to support and accompany our customers in their digitization projects. On the one hand, through regular blogs in which we report in more detail on our experiences with the various projects, and on the other hand, with individual offers that we make together. With the customers on the basis of the Digital Maturity Analysis.
Advancenotice: In the nextblog we will report on the new redIT Management Information System.