IT Outsourcing: asking the right questions
In my bachelor thesis, I often heard from owner-managed SMEs without their own internal IT department: “I don’t want to have anything to do with that stuff” – “the IT should just run”. The core of the statements was that one wants to focus on the core business, because that is where the core competences of SMEs lie. However, this was also associated with the strong need to have an IT partner at our side who can deliver everything centrally from a single source. Short response times, smooth functioning of the IT infrastructure and advice on new products and solutions were required. In other words, an IT partner at eye level.
The goal is clear; “leave IT to the professionals”! – At the beginning of every IT outsourcing project, these basic questions should be answered:
- Is the full range of know-how available to operate the IT infrastructure competently?
- Is the IT security of the infrastructure guaranteed?
- Do you have cost transparency?
- Do you know where to start in the continuous development of your IT infrastructure and other complex topics of digital transformation?
- Does IT support their digitisation projects?
- Is the availability of the IT secured?
The following is an overview of the advantages and disadvantages of IT outsourcing:
1. time, resource and financial savings
Topics such as IT security, product selection, technical aids are the responsibility of the IT specialists. Specialist staff can be dispensed with, allowing financial and time resources to be used elsewhere.
2. cost and performance transparency
Projects can be analysed and evaluated in terms of key figures. IT services are logged and the costs can be traced at any time.
3. expertise of IT specialists
The IT specialists at redIT are available to you at any time. Our focus is on the customer, we strive for long-term partnerships and convince with a lot of professional competence.
4. competitive advantage through continuous development with the IT partner
redIT wants to engage with customers and, above all, meet the demand of changing requirements in the market. Digital development must not be lost sight of. Especially with regard to IT security, technology, hacker attacks or data protection issues. Through outsourcing, you are always up to date and decisive steps ahead of the competition.
5. data storage and security
Guaranteed data storage in Switzerland. Secured IT environment against cyber threats through market-driven and scalable security modules.
For us, concealing disadvantages is the wrong way to go. redIT wants to communicate transparently with customers and find solutions. It is no secret that IT outsourcing involves a certain “dependency” on the IT partner. It is therefore absolutely necessary that there is a relationship of trust with the partner. This is the only way to ensure that you can also benefit from the advantages of IT outsourcing. redIT focuses on fast response times and customer education, which allows the SME to focus on its own core business.
One more important tip: Every IT outsourcing contract should include the following liability issues and contingencies:
- Duties, compensation
- Ensuring liability and data protection and security issues
- Secrecy rule
- Key contractual data; termination conditions, follow-up regulations, contract duration, etc.
redIT wants to advise you transparently and be at your disposal with our 360° expertise. Future-oriented solutions and cooperation are our top credo for long-term partnerships. True to the motto; competent, pragmatic and individual!
Learn more at: https://redit.ch/it-outsourcing/
Text & Bachelor thesis by Alessia Baumann