The success story around the automation of accounts receivable speaks for itself – time for a panoramic trip of a different kind!
Reference customer Arval: e-Post
Automation – Workflow
A digital inbox or e-Post can be an entry point into the digital transformation of a company. If documents are already captured digitally when they enter the company, media discontinuities in further processing can be identified in a simple way and eliminated step by step. How easy it is to outsource physical mail processing is is, is described in detail in the following reference customer case.
«For a successful, digital inbox, you need a partner who understands and can unite IT and business requirements. With redIT, we have found this competent and experienced partner.» – says Andreas Nitschke from Arval.
e-Post – Digitize, Distribute & Archive
Founded in 1989, Arval is a 100% subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group. Specializing in full-service leasing, the company offers its customers – large international companies, SMEs and professionals – tailored solutions to optimize employee mobility and outsource the risks associated with fleet management. Since 2020, Arval has also extended its customer segment to private individuals. Our 7,200 employees provide expert advice and high-quality services in 30 countries, the foundation of our customer promise. Arval maintains more than 1.4 million vehicles worldwide. Since 2001, Arval has also been represented in Switzerland and plays the leading role in the Swiss market.
Initial situation: Outsourcing of digital incoming mail to redIT
In the spring of 2021, Arval (Switzerland) AG decided to outsource its digital incoming mail to redIT. Since Arval had digitized the processes around incoming mail, this finally meant only one last step towards paperless incoming mail processing. The processes and interfaces for the external, physical mail processing were already clearly defined by the digital preparatory work.
The processes and interfaces for external, physical mail processing were already clearly defined by the digital preliminary work, so that nothing stood in the way of a fast and successful project implementation.
The requirements that the external solution provider for e-Post had to meet were specified by Arval as follows:
• Opened letters must be scanned, categorized and forwarded to Arval by mail by 11:00 am.
• Depending on the document type (or category), the documents must be recognized 80% or more (i.e., up to 99%) correctly.
• The physical originals are kept for 60 days. If an original document is required by Arval, redIT will deliver it by mail. Documents that are not required in
documents that are not required in physical form are destroyed properly after the 60 days.
• The digitized documents are kept for one year and can be downloaded from the corresponding portal during this time. After one year, the documents are destroyed.
• All documents can be opened with the exception of “confidentially marked” letters. Letters that are not opened are collected and delivered to Arval by mail every other day.
The above requirements could be covered by redIT:
• In order to process the volume of 200 letters/day on average, the mail is delivered to Oberrüti before 9:00 am.
• With trained personnel and the support of a letter opening machine (300 letters/minute), the letters are opened, paper clips and staples are removed and the documents are prepared for scanning.
• The high performance scanner scans the documents in high quality (300 dpi) so that the full text (OCR) can be generated afterwards and the documents can be recognized.
• After recognition and determination of the category, the documents are sent to Arval by mail on the one hand. On the other hand, a copy is also indexed and stored in the document management system (DMS).
• The documents stored digitally in the DMS can be retrieved and downloaded by Arval at any time via a web portal using a full text search or also via selected indexes (date, document ID, etc.).
Conclusion Introduction e-Post
Thanks to Arval’s good preparation and redIT’s experience, the outsourcing of digital incoming mail was successfully implemented in less than three months, allowing Arval to benefit from the following advantages from day one:
• Variabilization of fixed costs with simultaneous reduction of operational costs
• Focus on own core business
• Higher productivity thanks to automated mail distribution
• Letters can be received regardless of time and place
• Space savings thanks to digital filing in a DMS
«For a successful, digital inbox, you need a partner who understands and can unite IT and business requirements. With redIT, we have found this competent and experienced partner.»
Global Operations Director, Arval (Schweiz) AG
Interested in this solution?