This blog post is about HR digitization – in short, how do I efficiently digitize the HR department? After a brief introduction to the topic and a discussion of costs and effort, we will present our individual solutions in the area of human resources.
Don’t hesitate – do it!
Developing a corporate culture does not happen overnight. We are talking about days, months, years, decades. Even if you want to change the strategic direction overnight, the culture of the company will throw a wrench in your plans. Nevertheless, you should not wait until a certain topic, such as digitalization, forces you to make changes. There is no reason to do so, you will find members who will drive the development and a new path for the company will emerge.
The excuse: “We’ve always done it that way!”
“Yes, but… it’s been like this for the last 5 years…” This excuse is definitely over nowadays. If you don’t want to miss the boat, you should definitely get on board in the area of digitization. And anyway – changes, new ways are also opportunities. The stereotype we know all too well that digitization will take your job away and you’ll lose your job is passé. Change creates opportunities for more time to do other things, this is true in almost every department. Don’t you know that day-to-day business consumes all resources and exciting projects are always put on the back burner?
“But IT is always so expensive?”
“HR digitization is so broad!”
Yes, I agree with you and also the effort must not be disregarded either. Let’s not kid ourselves, solutions cost money, but it’s worth it! Now you’re probably thinking, surely the woman in the IT company must be saying that. – And YES, but I say it with conviction because I’ve seen what it does to us on a daily basis.
So, which is the better option now?
– Variant 1: You continue to work as you are, missing out on the advances made through digitization, and employees must continue to perform repetitive tasks. The error rate is higher this way, because humans also have the greatest risk potential in IT security. (Interview Alex)
– Variant 2: We digitize the recurring tasks, make physical personnel dossiers digital and they can easily map employee interviews, approval processes, etc. digitally and save themselves some effort.
What do we offer in the area of HR digitization?
I’ll get right to the point. There is the following process in the HR department:
1. digital personnel file (application documents, employment contract, payroll…)
2. personnel recruitment (applicant management)
2. personnel recruitment (applicant management)
4. personnel development (employee appraisal…)
5. staff resignation
& redIT makes them better and more efficient! – “The HOW of HR digitization is crucial”.
Well, quite simple 😊 …. We automate and make digital.
Two examples of HR digitization:
1st example: Digital personnel dossier – structured, confidential, compact
Ourpersonnel dossier based on SharePoint is characterized by its clear and consistent structure. A uniform folder structure is automatically created for all employees.
This offers three decisive advantages:
– Structured: The folders inherit their categorizations to all documents in them, e.g. a document in the folder Employment Contract automatically gets the category “Employment Contract”. This facilitates the search for desired documents enormously.
– Confidential: Permissions are controlled via the folders. Only those who are authorized can see certain documents (e.g., the HR physician sees, but not the supervisor)
– Compact: The folder structure can be hidden. To see all employment contracts, the HR manager does not have to open the corresponding folder in each personnel file. Thanks to a simple search, all documents can be displayed without disturbing folders.
Example 2: Employee appraisal – simple, efficient, comprehensible
When approving the protocol from the yearly meeting, we attach great importance to a simple, consistent and transparent process. With the help of a workflow in Power Automate, this runs 100% digitally and printing, scanning and passing on paper is history.
1. Employees automatically receive a request to review and approve the digital log after the call.
2. The workflow then obtains approval from the supervisor and files the log, including approvals, in the correct personnel file.
3. Here it is now also visible for the HR team.
These solutions are very flexible and can be adapted to your individual needs as you wish. Contact usso that we can respond to your wishes and requirements and find the best solution together with you. We look forward to hearing from you.
Text by Alessia Baumann, Team Leader Marketing
redCLUB: Power BI x bexio
Mach kein Excel auf!
Mit Power BI können Sie Ihre bexio-Daten auf einfache Art und Weise analysieren und visualisieren.
Erfahren Sie im redCLUB am 26. Oktober 2022 mehr dazu!