redIT develops Data Hub as a platform
In the ongoing blog series, we have informed how digitalization is being implemented step by step at redIT. Since digitization is a continuous process of change that started with the introduction of the computer, we are also constantly working on improving the current state, becoming even more efficient and customer-oriented. – In the following lines, we will inform you how we are successfully driving our own digitization forward and not losing sight of our goals.
Based on the analysis of digital maturity conducted at the beginning, we were able to define not only the step-by-step implementation but also measurable targets. Step-by-step implementation is a key success factor of the process. How often have you calculated the return on investment (ROI) in the past, only to discover after a short time that the elaborate ROI calculation is not correct at all? Experience ROI and make it visible is our motto.
Or in other words: every franc invested should bring a noticeable simplification and increase in efficiency!
The achievement of objectives is regularly discussed at each management meeting and, if necessary, corrections or measures are discussed in order to get back on track. Close support from the management is essential for digitization projects, because: “Digitization is a matter for the management and cannot be delegated or pushed aside at will.
Progressive digitization is constantly creating new barriers:
-What does a fully digital company do when it receives a letter or invoice in the mail from a supplier?
-Or if the customer still wants paper invoices?
The conversion of analog documents into digital documents (scanning) and vice versa (printing) is associated with great loss of information and time. In order to eliminate these losses, we have developed a platform (a Data Hub) that supports us and also you in consistently continuing on the path to a paperless company.
The above figure outlines the process of invoicing via Data Hub to the supplier. The following explanations are provided:
- The supplier has the following options for sending invoices:
- Invoice dispatch at the push of a button directly from the supplier’s own ERP
- Convert the invoice into a PDF and then send it by mail
- Print invoice and send by mail
- In the Data Hub the incoming invoices are received – This happens because:
- Either the invoice issuer sends all invoices to the redIT Data Hub
- or the bill recipient redirects all his analog mail to redIT.
- In the Data Hub platform, it is now defined which way the invoices can be forwarded to the recipient (or must be forwarded due to specifications). – The following options exist for this purpose:
- Invoice is sent via eBill, as the recipient is registered in eBill
- The recipient has an EDI interface so that the invoice can be forwarded this way
- Invoice is sent via e-mail as a PDF
- Invoice is printed out and forwarded by mail
With the new Data Hub platform, we bring together analog suppliers and digital customers or vice versa and, above all, save the digital partner a lot of superfluous effort in converting analog documents into documents to be processed digitally.
Digitization is a process without end. We are happy to share our experience with you and to accompany you on your way and to tackle with you the many opportunities that digitalization brings.
Advance notice: In the next blog, we will focus on digital marketing.
If you would like to learn more about the Data Hub Platform solution from and at redIT – Do not hesitate to contact us!