New functions in Teams – Did you know that…?
It’s that time again: new features are available in Teams!
Learn more about new functions in Teams in the blog post. – These are presented individually and are the continuation of two previous updates from March & April 2021.
To share your screen in a meeting, select the ”Share Content” button in the meeting controls. Then choose whether you want to present your entire screen, a single window, a PowerPoint file, or a whiteboard.
Instructions – From your calendar:
- Go to the Calendar Meetings button on the left side of Teams, then select the Discuss Now button in the upper right corner.
- You have the option to set up a few things before you start your meeting. Give the meeting a title, choose whether you want to use video, and your preferred audio source.
- When you are ready, click “Join now”.
Your meeting is now started – you just need participants to join you. – This is how you invite people:
- Enter the name or phone number of the person you want to invite in the field under People in the upper right corner. Select them when they appear in the list and they will be called immediately.
- Another option is to copy the meeting link and send it to everyone you want to meet, and they can join by selecting the link. Just select “Copy joining info” and paste the link into their message.
If you don’t have a way to schedule meetings in Outlook or Teams, starting an instant meeting is a good option. Just like scheduled meetings, everyone who joins the meeting will still have access to the meeting chat, recording, and everything the participants share in the meeting (like files and meeting notes) after the meeting ends.
To join the same meeting again at any time, find the meeting chat in your chat list and they can now join again through the new ”Join” Teams feature.
Instruction – In a teams channel:
- Go to the “Teams” button on the left side of the app. Select the channel where you want to meet from the list.
- In the ”Contributions” tab, look for the ”Discuss Now button” in the upper-right corner. Select the “Discuss Now” option from the drop-down list.
- Give your meeting a title and choose whether to include a video.
- When you are ready, click “Join Now”.
Your meeting has now started and anyone in the channel can attend.
How to invite people:
- Enter the name or phone number of the person you want to invite in the field under “People” in the upper right corner. Select them when they appear in the list and they will be called immediately.
- You can also invite people by copying the meeting link and sending it to the people you want to meet. Just select the Copy joining info option and paste the link into a message.
3. Share an email to teams from Outlook
When viewing an email in the Outlook desktop app, select ”Share with Teams” in the ribbon. In Outlook on the web (and the new Outlook for Mac), select the ”More Actions Microsoft Teams icon” and select ”Share with Teams”.
To share a copy of an email (including attachments) with a chat or channel in Teams:
1. Step: While viewing an email in the Outlook desktop app, select “Share with Teams” in the ribbon.
In Outlook on the web (and the new Outlook for Mac), select the “More Actions” button and choose “Share with Teams”.
The participants’ microphones are displayed dimmed.
How do participants still get a chance to speak?
Again, select the Microsoft Teams “More options” three-dot icon next to the name of the person you want to let speak. Then select “Allow mute”.